Zachary W. Peterson
Zachary W. Peterson was born in Albia, Iowa, and raised in Aberdeen, South Dakota. After graduating from Aberdeen Roncalli High School, he earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. Zach then attended law school at the University of Nebraska College of Law, where he graduated with distinction.
Prior to joining the Richardson Law Firm in 2006, Zach served as a law clerk to the Honorable Charles B. Kornmann, Federal District Judge for the District of South Dakota. Zach has been a partner at Richardson Law Firm since 2009.
Zach and his wife Katie have two sons, Matthew and Joseph, and four daughters, Greta, Clare, Virginia, and Maryn.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Indian Law
- Insurance Litigation (Defense)
- Real Estate
- Water Law
- South Dakota State Bar
- United States District Court, District of South Dakota
- Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Court
- Sisseton-Wahpeton Tribal Court
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Court
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Brown County Bar Association
- South Dakota Bar Association
- South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association
- University of Nebraska College of Law Moot Court Board (2001-2003)
- Brown County Bar Association-President (2010)